For Arts & Humanities and Social Sciences
With essential advice and guidance on writing a thesis in the Arts & Humanities and Social Sciences, this practical workshop is suitable for doctoral researchers who are about to start writing as well as those who have already begun. The emphasis is on planning and structuring your thesis, and motivating yourself to start writing.
For more specific guidance on academic writing, please see the Practical Tips to Improve Your Academic Writing workshop.
By the end of the workshop you will have
- Assessed what you’ve already achieved & what is left to do
- Understood the thesis draft-edit cycle & received guidance on developing the structure & content of your thesis
- Discovered useful tips for planning & scheduling the writing (& finishing) of your thesis
- “Covered everything I needed – I found it very informative”
- “Great to know others are feeling & experiencing the same things as me – I feel very encouraged now”
- “Calming! Good ideas for planning & thinking about how to structure thesis & overcome problems”
- “The whole workshop was extremely useful”
- “Reassuring – helped me realise my difficulties are normal for doctoral students and gave me good direction to further my studies. Catherine was really approachable and communicated ideas very well.”